Mildly OT: AMD's latest chip(s)

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 1 16:32:56 UTC 2006

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/ZDM/story?id=2693130

I'm a fan of AMD, although I admit that some of my joy in their
existence is just contrariness.  I've bought systems with their chips
before, and for a while before Intel let out the Core Duo processors,
AMD was producing better chips than Intel.  The above URL contains a
(poorly formatted) review of the new AMD QuadFX platform: two dual
core chips on one board, meant to compete with Intel's quad core.
Apparently it's the loudest system they've ever reviewed, and it draws
600w with only one graphics card on board.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org