For $150, Third-World Laptop Stirs a Big Debate

Simon simon80-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 1 15:29:22 UTC 2006

How are you supposed to transmit books in electronic form without
computers on the other end to receive them? I find your attitude to be
very shortsighted, especially as a poster on a LUG mailing list.  Even
from a selfish perspective, the OLPC project is going to provide a
quick increase in the Linux user base, and the new code written for
the machines is going to trickle to the rest of out machines where
useful ( there IS new tech being developed for the machines, such as
user-friendly sandboxing tools ).  It's a nice slap in the face for
Microsoft when variious countries recognize that computer literacy
isn't just knowing how to use Windows.  I just hope they add a URL bar
to the browser UI before they ship anything.