For $150, Third-World Laptop Stirs a Big Debate

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 1 04:00:39 UTC 2006

On 12/1/06, Rick Tomaschuk <rickl-ZACYGPecefkm4kRHVhTciCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Great!! Then join the military and get to Iraq/Afghanistan and do your
> duty so I don't have to compete with you here for a computer job.
>
> On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 19:18 -0500, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> > On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Rick Tomaschuk wrote:
> > >>
> > > As I said earlier charity is a noble undertaking but we need to look
> > > after our countries needs. Charity begins at home.
> >
> >      I agree, but:
> >
> >      Is home the bulding you live in?
> >      Is home the block you live on?
> >      Is home municipality you live in?
> >      Is it the country? The continent?
> >
> >      For me, home is the planet I live on.

For me, home is where life is.  I'm probably a little opinionated
right now, but check it out.  I've got the right to be.  ( IMHO, and
fer the young'uns ;P )

Life changes on a dime sometimes.  How we deal with it determines a
good-deal about who we are as people I would think.

To be completely honest, I believe your both right and wrong:

  Right:
    Crayon:  (Uhmm?)
    Techie:  Damn -- How many colors of Crayon do I have to choose from?
    Rap:  Check yourself.

  Wrong:
    Crayon: Woops.
    Techie:  A job is good - but is it real?
    Rap: (Uhmm - lotsa ideas here.  Even metal TBS. ;-)

--
Scott Elcomb
http://atomos.sourceforge.net/

  - Benjamin Franklin

'"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting
on its shoes."

  - Mark Twain