Atomic OS / Psema4 Updates (Was:PegaSoft - Atomic OS - Tomorrow)

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 1 00:48:45 UTC 2006

On 11/15/06, Ken Burtch <kburtch-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> The next PegaSoft dinner meeting is
>
>   Date: Thursday, November 16, 2006 at 7:00 pm.
>   Location: Linux Caffe
>   Topic: Atomic OS
>
> Scott Elcomb will be presenting a talk on the Atomic OS project. Using a
> web browser, Atomic OS emulates/provides standard operating system
> features including a command-line shell, interpreter, filesystem,
> database access and GUI services.
>
> Plus the usual open forum on Linux news, projects and problems.
> Attendance is free.  Send a confirmation to Ken Burtch
> (http://www.pegasoft.ca/people.html) to reserve your seat.
>
> For more information about PegaSoft events, visit
> http://www.pegasoft.ca/events.html.  Join our low-volume mailing list at
> http://www.pegasoft.ca/mailing_lists.html.

Unfortunately, a number of not-so-good things happened around the time
this email was sent... including the fact that it didn't get delivered
to the TLUG mailing list in time.

We're not sure just how big an impact that was, but all told 3 people
were there for the talk.  I've given a couple presentations for TLUG
(neither with a projector), and a lightning talk for TPM.  TASSQ has
offered an opportunity to do a talk as well, but I'm still learning
how to give presentations so I've been putting that one off.

In a rather painful turn of events, about 6 hours after I left
Linuxcaffe, my brother was in a fatal car accident on the 403[1].  I
haven't really done anything since then, so I hope folks will forgive
my absence.

In any event, the slides I prepared for the PegaSoft Canada meeting
this month can be found at
http://atomos.sourceforge.net/presentations/nov2006/pegasoft.html

This Tuesday, Line56.com [2] listed Atomic OS as one of the Top 10
Free Web 2.0 Apps available from SourceForge.  That's a bonus and
certainly helped bring up this months stats for the project.

[1] http://tinyurl.com/ylkqjh (
http://www.900chml.com/news/news_local.cfm?cat=7428327912&rem=52576&red=80132723aPBIny&wids=410&gi=1&gm=news_local.cfm
)
[2] http://www.line56.com/articles/default.asp?ArticleID=8038

--
Scott Elcomb
http://atomos.sourceforge.net/

  - Benjamin Franklin

'"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting
on its shoes."

  - Mark Twain