Looking for UCE

John Van Ostrand john-Da48MpWaEp0CzWx7n4ubxQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 31 18:06:55 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 13:58 -0400, Mark Lane wrote:

>         Question is, what else can I do to attract UCE to the
>         above noted e-mail address?
>
>         Could you get an address that is more likely to be guessed.
>         Like jsmith-IEbV4ISQ1OQU04JRNCRQjg at public.gmane.org That would attract dictionary
>         attacks.
>

> If you can make the address a catchall for a domain that will get
> lots. You will get all email sent to the domain that doesn't specific
> an accurate email address.

The problem with a catch all is that it might collect ham because of
email address typos. The catch all would work better if the domain is
not used for email at all and you excluded valid emails like postmaster.

P.S. If you really want spam, you can have all of mine.

--
John Van Ostrand
         Net Direct Inc.

Chief Technology Officer