apt-get update

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 28 20:58:50 UTC 2006

On Monday 28 August 2006 14:48, geofm-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org wrote:

> But, be careful doing an apt-get upgrade. I've trashed 2 Debian based
> distros doing this. And at least with Kanotix Easter-RC4 the Debian
> repositories they use are so flaky that even installing a simple applet
> leads to trashing CUPS and other things.

Well I have had the opposite experience,  3 dist-upgrades and no problems.
Born under a lucky star for the month of Aug.  Might not go so well in Sept.

Oh yes,  I haven't found the magic of getting printing working either.  I am
trying on one computer to configure a 10 year old HP printer that has never
been a problem with the foomatic-pcl3 driver. But that started before any
upgrading.

Cheerio

--
Merv Curley