apt-get update

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 28 20:51:43 UTC 2006

On Monday 28 August 2006 13:08, David J Patrick wrote:
> On 8/28/06, Merv Curley <mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > it takes him an hour to do the update and would take equally
> > long to try to install even a small program.  When he did the update last
> > time and it apparently disappeared, he did it again the next day.  It
> > took an
> > hour again, I would have thought there were very few things to change and
> > would take just minutes.
>
> have you considered mailing him a debian DVD ?
> packed with goodness, it is !
> (we have it local, if you need a copy.. that'll be $9 please)
> djp

Well I did mail him the Kanotix distro to get him from KDE 3.4.x to 3.5.2.
But he now is several months behind again.  However his demands are not high
so he doesn't need the latest.  I have considered making a CD of my upgrade
cache but he wants some 'ham' software that I will have to add first.  Soon
as i do that, there will be a new release, I just know it.

What you're offering is a Debian install CD / DVD?  I don't know how easy it
would be to upgrade Kanotix from that.  I installed a new Debian but missed
all the special utils etc that come with a Distro. It is now overwritten by
PC-BCD. Not too impressed with FreeBSD so far.

Regards

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can