Getting my CD burner working

Tom Watts wattst-dxuVLtCph9gsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 28 20:28:37 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I have a CD burner that has worked under Linux before, from Red Hat 9 up
to Fedora Core 2, but has been unable to write to CDs since then.
Reading is no problem and I can write CDs under Windows, although it
almost always messes up writing iso images (I know this because of
Fedora's media check).  I'm not really sure where to start, but here is
the output of su -c 'cdrecord -scanbus':

Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a03-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C)
1995-2005 Jörg Schilling
[...]
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
scsibus1:
	1,0,0	100) 'CyberDrv' 'CW088D CD-R/RW  ' '15HF' Removable CD-ROM
	1,1,0	101) 'DVD ROM ' 'CI-BDV316E      ' '0052' Removable CD-ROM
	1,2,0	102) *
[...]

Using cdrecord, even as root, always fails.  I've recently been thinking
about upgrading to a DVD burner in hoping that it'll solve the problem
in the process, but want to see if this one is broken or just improperly
configured before going down the upgrade path.  If more info is needed,
please let me know.  TIA for any help.

--
Tom Watts
wattst-dxuVLtCph9gsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org