psc but no scan app?

Chris Aitken caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 26 14:11:56 UTC 2006

Forgive my top-post. I thought it would be appropriate as I don't want
you to read all that's been done (with an eye to helping me) as I'm
putting a hold on this troubleshoot (getting scanning function of hp psc
1610 to work) for a couple of weeks. I'm creating a music CD and wanted
a scan of a photograph for the cover. I'm going to just use clip art for
now. For me (though maybe not others) this will be a big troubleshoot. I
have to concentrate on getting the instrument tracks and a final mix now
- the graphics is secondary. However, don't be surprised to see me pick
up this thread in a couple of weeks. I *will* get back to it. Thanks for
the help so far.

And thanks to everyone for your help over the years. I love linux. I run
my business (music lessons) and passion (recording music I compose) on
it. I am able to get linux to do what I need (eventually) but I'm not
sure I'll ever have enough knowledge to give much back to the list
members. Whenever I *can* offer an easy reply (like 'gaim works well for
MSN') somebody beats me to the punch.

So, I take, have little to give, but am grateful, and happier for your help.

Chris