OT: Recommendations on e-mail providers?

Michael Newman michael.r.newman-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 25 06:20:33 UTC 2006

On 8/24/06, moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org <moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Any recommendations for a good e-mail provider?  Not interested in
> pure web-based solutions like Hotmail; I want IMAP for sure, and ideally
> encrypted IMAP (don't like sending my password in cleartext).  Fastmail.fm,
> runbox.com, others?  Any experiences with any of these guys?  TIA.
I have to highly recommend FastMail. I bought a Member-level account a
few years ago and it's never failed me. Having the ability to write
and upload your own Sieve scripts lets you do some pretty interesting
stuff. Also, the community is really amazing - check the Wiki and the
forums if you haven't already.

Mike

P.S. Yep, I'm on Gmail ATM. I prefer it for mailing lists. :)