Printing - Kanotix [Debian]

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 24 20:04:27 UTC 2006

Merv Curley wrote:
> I know this should be posted to the Kanotix forum but this is usually faster
> and more reliable.
>
> I have installed the Easter release on 3 computers and dist-upgraded them.
> The computers all configured their associated printers with no problems.
> Starting the Print utility in any application reports the printer as idle and
> accepting jobs.  The problem I have is that a job sent to the printer just
> sits in the queue and isn't being printed.
>
> As far as I can see, all users have access rights.   Does this ring a bell
> with anyone?
>
> Seems for the past while, Kanotix users have had a lot of print problems altho
> they are just using the Debian released KDE.   Cupsys is 1.2.2-1.

It's got to be more than just Kanotix, Ubuntu has problems -- it seems
related to an upgrade to cups a while back. Regardless... Try
configuring cups though the web interface: http:://localhost:631

Usually you will be able to add, manage, force the queue etc. through
that interface versus the kcontrol or gnome print manager. You may have
to edit cups configuration files to allow your root user to login
through the web interface -- only way to tell is to try.

Jamon