New to the group and a question

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 24 19:04:11 UTC 2006

On 8/24/06, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 02:37:05PM -0400, moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org wrote:
> > My experience as an American in Canada:  If you don't tell them,
> > they usually can't tell.  That's in spite of my peculiar
> > Cal-Tex accent with a little Mississippi mixed in there
> > somewhere.
>
> If you don't tell them where you are from, most likely they just don't
> care or maybe just don't think about it.  There are people from just
> about everywhere in Canada, and this doesn't seem to be a problem for
> anyone in general.
>
> > Canadians like to think they're very different from Americans,
> > but with the exception of politics, they mostly aren't.
>
> I don't think I have ever met a canadian that thought the place they
> grew up and the place they currently live were very important features
> of their personality.

Met is a relative term.  ;-)

On the 'net, I've run into a few.  And being one, I think I'll not
touch the politics.

Welcome to TLUG David, and well met.

--
Scott Elcomb
http://atomos.sourceforge.net/

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle,
stand like a rock."

  - Thomas Jefferson