OT: Recommendations on e-mail providers?

moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 24 06:30:29 UTC 2006

For a few months I'm using someone else's ISP, and I'm about to lose one
academic e-mail address (visiting position ended), and another's been
on borrowed time for a year or so; they may never get around to cancelling
it, but then again they might.

Any recommendations for a good e-mail provider?  Not interested in
pure web-based solutions like Hotmail; I want IMAP for sure, and ideally
encrypted IMAP (don't like sending my password in cleartext).  Fastmail.fm,
runbox.com, others?  Any experiences with any of these guys?  TIA.