Brawling with BitTorrent

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 22 23:07:27 UTC 2006

On 8/22/06, Meng Cheah <meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Pardon my ignorance but what is "Afterglow"?

This is an english expression, not a techinical fact.

Afterglow is like:

- the waning of the moon
- the second half of the bell curve, or the sine wave
- the feeling one gets after s/he's realized the world is alive[1] and
not under their direct control

In this case, I believe, it refers to the realization that our "Open
Source" beliefs are different than those of companies[2] who refuse to
grow with the times - aka the MPAA, RIAA and other associated
organizations.

In a way, Dogma is like a polar opposite to Karma[3].

[1] http://www.calresco.org/ is the only convenient aid I can quote
without going off on a diatribe
[2] Incumbant business models might be a better term
[3] If you don't understand, then you prolly don't want to ask - if
you do, shoot

--
Scott Elcomb
http://atomos.sourceforge.net/

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle,
stand like a rock."

  - Thomas Jefferson