New ubuntu install freezes on boot on IBM T21 laptop

E K ekg_ab-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 22 15:10:11 UTC 2006

I had similar problems with the Ubuntu GUI installer. Try to use the alternate cd for text mode installation. Usually, that works fine. Besides, it will alow you to choose among diffrent installation options.

EK

Kush <be_a_sport-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote: if the t21 has ram below 512mb, ubuntu/kubuntu/edubuntu will definitely
give problems. From what i have read about the t21 at epinions.com, it
is a 128mb machine.