downtown core free wifi

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 22 00:22:14 UTC 2006

On 8/18/06, Kush <be_a_sport-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Anybody knows how the Toronto Hydro plan to give free 6 month wifi
> access in the downtown core is progressing? Is it easy to get access or
> is the service not good enough yet?
>
> http://thtelecom.ca/one-zone.html
> http://thtelecom.ca/THTI_WiFi%20Zone.pdf

I've been wondering as well.  Also, any ideas on the range?  I'm out
in the Brampton / Mississauga area...  Any chance it'll extend this
far?

I also spend a lot of time in Hamilton.  I read in the Spectator
earlier this year that the City of Hamilton was also thinking about
setting up city-wide wireless.

A quick google search turned up an article on slashgeo, but no comments...

http://industry.slashgeo.org/article.pl?sid=06/03/08/1623229

--
Scott Elcomb
http://atomos.sourceforge.net/

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle,
stand like a rock."

  - Thomas Jefferson