psc but no scan app?

Chris Aitken caitken-Bm8TULXj0r/3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 21 20:58:20 UTC 2006

I want to use the scanner function of my hp psc 1610. Some time ago I
managed to install and configure the printing with this device. It was a
lot more work than installing other printers. I have been printing to it
fine using cups and over the network. This is the first time I want to
scan. I went to the red hat menu bar (in FC 2)  but don't see any
scanning application in there. I was hoping to find one and then see if
it recognizes the device I have - but there is no scanning aplication
(I'm pretty sure).

Is there an easy-to-install scanning application that will work well
with the hp psc 1610? Maybe I have an application on this system that
just needs to be invoked with a command? Do you think there might be
such an application hiding in FC2 ?

Chirs