Audio In Kubuntu

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 21 20:09:11 UTC 2006

On 8/16/06, Erebus <erebus-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>   OK. I'm baffled. I've changed my other desktop PC over to Kubuntu
> (from Windows XP). I told the Sound System choice in System Configurator
> to "Auto Detect". When I choose "System Notifications" I can hear all
> the sounds they make. But when I go to play a video in Kaffeine I get
> absolutely zero audio out of the video. Any thoughts?

I've been having trouble with various audio editing applications
(RoseGarden, Audacity, Jamin, and several others) under Ubuntu Breezy
Badger.

I get all my system sound events, and can use a bunch of audio
players, but I'm just as puzzled why some apps work and others don't.

(I haven't actually tried to sit down and figure the issues out - or
collect error messages yet.)

Never actually used Kaffeine...  Any chance it's a Codec issue?

--
Scott Elcomb
http://atomos.sourceforge.net/

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle,
stand like a rock."

  - Thomas Jefferson