sell/trade DSL modem, NIC wanted

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 19 19:09:06 UTC 2006

I don't know if offers to sell/trade stuff is inappropriate to this
list (I've seen some trading going on).  If it is, I only need to be
warned once.

I picked up a DSL modem recently at a garage sale to replace a flaky
one at home, but didn't notice until later that this one is USB only,
no RJ-45.  Oops.  It's an "Efficient Networks SpeedStream 4060 USB
ADSL Modem" (complete with long USB cable and power brick - it's
thought to work, but I'm not in a position to check it) and I'd love
to trade it for a Linux-compatible 100Mbit half height network card.
Most cheap NICs are half height, but I'd really really like to have
the rear faceplate to go with it.

If no one shows any interest in trading or paying ($3, my cost) for
the modem, I'll give it away for free - so let me know if you're
interested in a free modem (first come first served, no promises).
I'll be at Linux in the Park, and I'd like to take care of this then.
If anyone has half-height NICs but doesn't want a USB modem, name a
price - I'd be interested in one, two, or three.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org