Recomendation for dedicated server

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 17 20:37:04 UTC 2006

On Thursday 17 August 2006 13:46, David Thornton wrote:

> I'm with Oneandone.
>
> I have a root server II.
> It's got plesk installed.
> Now normally I would hack things to bits but with this server I'm just
> playing "user" . I don't want to pooch it (I have friends who have
> pooched their plesk servers ). I want to take advantage of the
> saimplicity it lends. And it's great.

I formatted the drive and installed a completely custom version of Debian via
their rescue system, works great since I don't need plesk.

> As for one and one themselves. I only ask for what I think I would get ,
> which is hardware replacement after a failure and a finger to reboot (
> which is via a web interface)... and the ydon't let me down too much.

I've been with them for a year and it's been rock solid.

There is also http://www.cari.net/linux/ - was thinking about trying them
(they advertise in LJ).  Has anyone tried these guys?