Chinese character help needed

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 16 22:43:50 UTC 2006

Buzz Lightyear wrote:
> Hello All
>
> I am running Kanotix Linux in English. My goal is to
> run it in English and in Chinese so I can 1) read
> Chinese characters on various web pages and 2) if
> possible, type in Chinese.
>
> How do I go about adding Chinese characters in Kanotix
> that will allow me to do this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mark

Maybe not helpful, but, For Japanese input on Debian/Ubuntu I use 'uim'
(universal input method, I think). Check it and it's
dependancies/recommended packages on your distro's package manager. Also
look for the Gnome/KDE panel app as well, to simplify input. As for
reading, just search your package manager for Chinese
(simplified/traditional) fonts.

HTH,

Madison