Remote Desktop Connection

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 15 19:18:16 UTC 2006

On 8/15/06, alain.maisonneuve_lists-QX23z+6opsUOxlH4FaG5hA at public.gmane.org
<alain.maisonneuve_lists-QX23z+6opsUOxlH4FaG5hA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Whats the best way to connect from a linux box to a window XP machines Remote
> Desktop Connection (RDP)?
>
> I don't want to install vnc. What are the good alternatives?

http://www.rdesktop.org/

It's pretty stable; on those rare occasions when I need access to
Windows from my desktop (usually to run deviant versions of web
browsers), I can connect to our Windows server with rdesktop...
--
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/rdp.html
Oddly enough, this is completely standard behaviour for shells. This