litp06, apathy reading

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 15 14:01:43 UTC 2006

--- David J Patrick <davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org>
wrote:
> Linux In The Park
> posts, I send this out to you; Torontos most linuxy
> lads and lasses;
>
> litp06 was initiated by the TLUG membership. As It's
> happening accross
> the street, some organazational elements have fallen
> into my lap. I
> have had very little response to my posts, but
> continue to try and
> make this years bun-fest something special.
>
> Is anyone out there actually interested ?

I am VERY interested, my problem at the moment is a
lack of time. I expected that putting together an
intro. article on Procmail would be a challenge, it is
proving to be a nightmare. Still in a few days I
expect to be rid of that horror, and I will be
delighted to do what I can to help.

> Can I get a hand in the co-ordinating efforts ?

Give me a few days and I will be happy to help.

For now, a few ideas:

- Do a starting with wireless talk at LITP?
- Hardware hacking, like building a Pringles can
antenna.
- A trivia contest with questions like:
  - Just recently we had the anniversary of the
release of the IBM 5150. What was the 5150 better
known as?
  - The IBM 5150 was created in Boca Raton, Florida,
what is the literal translation of Boca Raton from
Spanish?
  - If you were a hardware designer, did you see the
IBM 5150 as having an 8 or 16 bit CPU.
- A scavenger hunt, where people will be asked to find
various things around the park (i.e. trash and/or
picnic baskets they bring with them). All items would
have various point values, like:
  - Empty Coke or Pepsi can - 5 points - Max 2 cans
  - Empty flavoured Coke or Pepsi can (i.e.: Cherry
coke, Lime Pepsi) - 10 points - Max 2 cans
  - Necktie - 20 points - Max 1
  - Women's disposable razor - 20 points - Max 1

> Maybe even a little whoop-whoop ??

whoop-whoop
whoop-whoop
whoop-whoop