[GW-C] Re:Tom's HW Guide: Linux for gaming

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 15 01:49:41 UTC 2006

On 8/14/06, Gregory D Hough <mr6re9-mI4xJ4qlgtBiLUuM0BA3LQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> >
> > Well I did see this:
> > http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/08/02/32OPcurve_1.html
> > One can always hope there is some truth to that.
> >

> I didn't see any mention of newly released specs for OGD1, the Open
> Graphics Development board, series 1
>
> http://opengraphics.org/

How close are they to actually releasing something???

I am having difficulty distinguishing this from other "hardware
vapourware" like the "Freedom CPU" (F-CPU) which went pretty well
nowhere.

It would be very nice to have an "open source graphics card" or an
"OSS CPU," but I really don't see it happening soon.  :-(
Oddly enough, this is completely standard behaviour for shells. This
is a roundabout way of saying `don't use combined chains of `&&'s and
`||'s unless you think Gödel's theorem is for sissies'.