Java opening - Wrong forum, but posting just in case

Raymond J. Payne ray-UsHhwO8CmvuakBO8gow8eQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 14 15:23:14 UTC 2006

I have someone trying to fill a position for a Java Developer.  It's a
full time, permanent position.  Even though this is a Linux group I
figured I'd post anyway in case there is anyone out there looking for
something along this line.  It's not listed publicly yet which means the
odds are better at least.  If interested, please reply to me directly.
(ray-UsHhwO8CmvuakBO8gow8eQ at public.gmane.org)

Below is a copy of the description I have been given:

The Job

A successful candidate will become a senior member on one of our core
financial development teams. Working directly with a team lead,
customers and business analysts, you will be responsible for enhancing
out products capabilities to manage hundreds of facilities from a
centralized location in the areas of billing and patient accounting.
Understanding, designing and implementing new screens, modules, business
rules and database designs will be daily requirements. Other
responsibilities will include interacting with customers and other
knowledge holders, mentoring junior team members, performing code
reviews, reviewing requirements, performance tuning, responding to
customer issues.

Required Qualifications:
o Professional Experience with Java / JSP / Javascript - at least 5
years
o Strong database skills (design / modeling)- at least 5 years
o Object Oriented Design
o Excellent verbal and written communications skills
o Ability and desire to work directly with customers
o Proven track record of successful management of resources and
timelines
o University degree in computer science or closely related field
Desired Qualifications:
o Web application design
o Large system experience
o Experience with either Financial System design and business concepts
o Database and application stress testing and tuning
o Experience with Struts, Spring, and MVC

We offer a competitive salary, performance-based incentives, career
development opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package.