Online store ecommerce

Scott C. Ripley scott-VK/PCEBaDz+N9aS15agKxg at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 11 20:58:45 UTC 2006

hey Sy,

- oscommerce has a half decent interface / fair number of features
- you can be up and running quickly (selling actual products/downloads/etc.)
- it has an active community with a large number of community contributions (customizations)
- things can become a pain when you are mixing/matching mods/patches/etc.

Scott

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Sy Ali wrote:

> On 8/9/06, lfeder <lfeder-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> I was looking to put together an online store.
>> I found oscommerce.com
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone else had setup an online store with ecommerce.
>
> I have a client who has an old web store which uses oscommerce, and i
> have nothing but bad things to say about it.  Perhaps it has improved
> in recent days.. but its old stuff certainly did stink.
>
> I've been using x-cart for all projects.. it's "ok" but I'll look
> through some of the suggestions I've seen so far.

Scott C. Ripley
phone: (416)738-6357
www: http://www.scottripley.com
email: scott-VK/PCEBaDz+N9aS15agKxg at public.gmane.org