OT: Bell Mobility spam (not SMS) from 416-780-8411 & 8483 & 8485 anyone?

Daniel Gardiner dgardiner-k8+l4Qd5hq73fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 11 12:37:28 UTC 2006

  Actually, there is a Canadian do-not-call list which is entirely
voluntary (companies can decide whether or not they follow it) at
https://cornerstonewebmedia.com/cma/submit.asp.  This is not a
legislated list, it is done by the Canadian Marketing Association (or
somesuch),.  There are regulations on telemarketing and soliciting and a
person can request to be removed from a telemarketer's list, after which
they are supposed to remain off the list for 3 years.  In my experience
this tends to work with most companies.  The current telemarketing rules
are at http://www.crtc.gc.ca/Eng/INFO_SHT/t1022.htm, discussions about a
national do-not-call list are still ongoing and as was mentioned
previously there are a lot of exceptions to it.

Daniel