USB Audio

Kush be_a_sport-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 9 20:42:49 UTC 2006

Merv Curley wrote:
> I posted this subject yesterday from another computer but it hasn't shown up
> yet.  So again -
>
> I have a little audio device to bring audio from my Amplifier to the computer.
> When I plug it in, the kernel immediately recognises it but doesn't give me a
> hint as to a device name or ???

If you are using ubuntu, maybe you could see it in the "system monitor"
tool( under processes)

My next question from some multimedia type, is what can I use to take
this raw
> audio and convert it to .wav or other format files.  I first thought of sox,
> but I don't see any hint that it handles USB, I get the impression it only
> works with soundcards.

I have used audacity to convert the raw output from a music system which
was input into the sound card. Maybe you could try audacity.sourceforge.net