Sympatico + Norton + OFT

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 9 13:25:58 UTC 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 11:51:04PM -0400, Meng Cheah wrote:
> I've heard of complaints about Norton but Zone Alarm?
> Perhaps you can share your experiences.
> Thanks in advance.

Too many stupid questions being asked of users who generally have no
clue whatsoever what the question means.  Windows really needs to have
firewalls that don't require user interaction to work.  We have that on
linux, but apparently no one can figure out how to make one for windows.
Does anyone make a stateful windows firewall, or are they all just
application/port based the way things used to be a decade ago?

--
Len Sorensen