Tom's HW Guide: Linux for gaming

Tim Writer tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 8 04:13:14 UTC 2006

Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> writes:

> http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/07/12/geforce_and_radeon_take_on_linux/
>
> I've  often trusted Tom's Hardware Guide for good reviews of hardware
> components, especially motherboards. It was interesting to see the site
> actually tackle something Linux-ish, let alone the use of Linux as a
> games system.
>
> Those reading this list who are involved with ATI (you know who you are)
> are invited to use this article to help prod the company to match and
> surpass nVidia's level of support.

Here's a counterpoint:

    http://www.phoronix.com/redblog/

ATI is working very hard to improve their Linux support. They release a
driver every month so improvements come quickly.

--
tim writer <tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                                  starnix inc.
647.722.5301                                      toronto, ontario, canada