why I fear open source can't win the war

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 6 01:08:21 UTC 2006

Kush wrote:
> Jamon Camisso wrote:
>> Better
>> to buy at a smaller shop though -- support the locals :)
>>

> One would buy from the locals if there was some way to rate them. I saw
> www.torontopcstores.com but its hardly used as the local better business
> bureau for the computer/tech market. Maybe there are other competing
> sites I have no idea of.
>
> Nobody has ever done a requirement specifications for what a customer
> wants in a site which evaluates and monitors a particular industry and
> is the defacto local BBB.

There are about 5 stores in the area that I frequent. In no particular
order:

Filtech (SE corner on spadina at college)
Alpha Plus (SW corner on college at spadina)
Sonnam (NE corner on spadina at college)
Canada Computers (N side of college about 1.5 blocks west of bathurst).

There's one other that I only know by sight, either Fortune (which I
doubt) or COMing computers. I can't remember. I've also visited
PC4Canada just south of Filtech and met with excellent service and prices.