Sympatico + Norton + OFT

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 5 14:28:11 UTC 2006

Its been my experience that the various Norton products do no work well
/ at all with Win XP and can be the root cause of major problems over
and above sending / receiving email.. When a client presents me with a
new PC, the first thing I do is to look for Norton Antivirus / Internet
Security and then uninstall it. I replace it with the free version of
AVG Antivirus:

and the free version of Zone Alarm.

Thunderbird will work with Sympatico's new servers if you select the
'use TLS, if available' security option for both incoming and outgoing
connections.

A far better option, of course, is to switch them to Linux at the
earliest possible convenience.

HTH

John