ADSL modem VPI/VCI settings for Cybersurf/3Web in Ontario?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 4 14:11:55 UTC 2006

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 10:43:30PM -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
>   I've ordered a replacement combo modem/router from an ebay store.  It
> should be here in a week or so.  My old unit is so dead that I can't get
> in to view the VPI/VCI settings.  Does anybody know for certain what
> they are?  Any other Cybersurf/3Web ADSL customers on this list?  Can
> you check your settings please?
>
>   My searching on Google indicates 0/35 for ADSL in Ontario.  The script
> reader at Cybersurf didn't know what I was talking about.  His
> supervisor suggested checking on Google, which I had already done.

0/35 is correct for all ADSL around here, since that is what Bell Canada
uses.  I think some parts of western canada might be different.  The
majority of ISPs in north america use the 0/35 setting though.  Of
course many ADSL modems just auto negotiate the setting (or at least try
to, since on most networks there is only traffic on one channel, so you
will find it.  On a few networks there is other traffic, in which case
auto might just fail).

--
Len Sorensen