Producing Musical Notes with Linux (Was: Open Source Song - "Write Code With You")

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 3 19:21:34 UTC 2006

On 8/3/06, Yanni Chiu <yanni-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Scott Elcomb wrote:
> > Is anyone aware of any command line tools or scripts that produce
> > musical notes under linux?  I'm thinking in a similar vein as
> > Festival, just producing pure notes?
>
> Does it have to be command line?

Actually, it's to create, programmatically, pseudo-random sound so
that Alex and I don't get ourselves sued due to violating somebody's
copyrighted work of silence.  =)

A command line tool that can be scripted with Bash or Perl, or some c
source (and identification of a sound library) would be just about
perfect.

--
Scott Elcomb
http://w3.avidus.ca/

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle,
stand like a rock."

  - Thomas Jefferson