Producing Musical Notes with Linux (Was: Open Source Song - "Write Code With You")

Yanni Chiu yanni-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 3 19:12:43 UTC 2006

Scott Elcomb wrote:
> Is anyone aware of any command line tools or scripts that produce
> musical notes under linux?  I'm thinking in a similar vein as
> Festival, just producing pure notes?

Does it have to be command line? Wouldn't Squeak be better?
See: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/uploads/squeak_music.gif
to start; check out the rest of the wiki, maybe starting from:
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3480. Then you can ask more
questions of the Squeak community. You can find the mailing list
at www.squeak.org.