Women in IT (Aug 3). Online freedom of speech (Aug 5th)

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 2 21:11:50 UTC 2006

Andrew Hammond wrote:

>"I'm telling you man, it's a real pussy moistener."

At this point, I suggest that comparisons between the automotive and IT
industries aren't quite so valid anymore.

>I called his manager about that.

... and he likely got applauded, certainly not punished, after you were
gone. That kind of tactic can be very attractive to some when selling a
car, (somewhat less useful when selling a computer or OS), especially if
the car fails on more-practical criteria.

\begin{digression}

Some people indeed buy certain things for their potential
pussy-moistening (or dick-hardening, depending on context) qualities;
get over it. That such qualities are of no interest to you is just fine,
but please spare the indignation -- of all possible things to be upset
about in the world, this should be at the bottom of anyone's list (if on
the list at all).

Life's too short to be offended so easily.

\end{digression}

- Evan