Open Source song - "Write Code With You"

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 2 19:24:18 UTC 2006

> On 8/2/06, Alex Beamish <talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hmm ..
>
> http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/adam+sandler/grow+old+with+you_20003919.html
>
> I would have to admit that the lyrics on that page do fit the chord
> structure of Write Code With You pretty well. I was just doing a cover, so I
> didn't think about whether or not I'd heard the song before.
>
> I wonder if that counts as Fair Use.

I hope so.  Growing old with Open Source would be good, but...

[...]
> > On 8/2/06, Tom Watts <wattst-dxuVLtCph9gsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > Is it just me or is this song basically the same as the song that Adam
> > Sandler plays for Drew Barrymore at the end of the movie "The Wedding
> > Singer" (with different lyrics of course)?  I haven't seen anyone point
> > this out yet so I was under the impression that I'm crazy or that it's
> > very obvious to everyone else.

I've no idea; I've never seen the Wedding Singer.  I watch movies
periodically (mostly sci-fi, horror, or documentaries) and gave up TV
years ago.

We were having a couple beers and talking about the stuff that I'm
into.  He picked it up and ran with some of the ideas.  It wasn't mean
to be disrepectful in any way.

I'll pull up the gmane thread and see what the folks at Digital
Copyright Canada think.  If there's a conflict, then I suppose we can
take the files down and hopefully rework the music.

Murphy hates me.  I swear it.  >:(

--
Scott Elcomb
http://w3.avidus.ca/

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle,
stand like a rock."

  - Thomas Jefferson