Open Source song - "Write Code With You"

Tom Watts wattst-dxuVLtCph9gsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 2 18:50:39 UTC 2006

Alex Beamish wrote:
> On 7/26/06, *Scott Elcomb* <psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org <mailto:psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>>
> wrote:
>
>     A friend came up with some song lyrics a couple weeks ago.  We'd been
>     talking about Linux, Open Source, and Atomic OS over some drinks.  He
>     picked up a guitar and went to town.
>
>     Anyway, we produced a quick recording last night on a laptop running
>     Ubuntu (thx Colin!)   It's not a professional job by any means, but
>     we'd like to see what people think.
>
>     http://atomos.sourceforge.net/#%5B%5BWrite%20Code%20With%20You%5D%5D
>     <http://atomos.sourceforge.net/#%5B%5BWrite%20Code%20With%20You%5D%5D>
>

> Well, listening to Scott's recording of Write Code WIth You made me
> think .. I want to play too!
>
> So after some thought and some noodling around, I recorded, mixed and
> produced a recording of my own, and have uploaded it to a spare domain
> of mine .. please see
>
>   http://www.prosco.ca/
>
> for more on my take on Scott's song. Enjoy!
>
> --
> Alex Beamish
> Toronto, Ontario

Is it just me or is this song basically the same as the song that Adam
Sandler plays for Drew Barrymore at the end of the movie "The Wedding
Singer" (with different lyrics of course)?  I haven't seen anyone point
this out yet so I was under the impression that I'm crazy or that it's
very obvious to everyone else.

-Tom