Linux-friendly PCI dialup modem?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 2 14:24:53 UTC 2006

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 05:15:15PM -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
>   I find that my 1999 Dell with a USR PCI internal gets 45,300 connect
> versus 50,666 for an old external X2 flash-upgraded to v90.  This is
> true for linux, and was also true for Windows (The Dell came with 98SE,
> my last Windows purchase).

Well it is possible that the internal modem does get interference in
that machine.  I don't think I ever managed over 45333 on an external
USR that was upgraded to v90 as well.  Which model was the external?
I have the courier v.everything, although I hardly ever use it for
anything anymore.

--
Len Sorensen