Linux cd burning and meeting up in toronto

paul sutton zleap-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 2 02:00:42 UTC 2006

I am looking at getting a laptop to use while in canada,  As most seem to
come with XP installed I will probably download kanotix (debian sid),  to
use instead of windows,

Do I need any extra software in order to burn a kanotix iso file to a cd-r
so I can boot and install.

Also I am in toronto on Aug 4th to 7th and staying at the global village
backpackers (King / spadina intersection) so if anyone wants to meet up we
could do,  hopefully I will have a laptop by then so we could perhaps have a
go at at least burning an iso usintg doze.

am used to kde right click and burn but I know windows is not that easy when
it comes to handling iso files.

The global village has free wireless, which is helpful.

thanks for any help.

Paul Sutton