Obnoxious self promotion

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 1 19:26:29 UTC 2006

--- Jamon Camisso <jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Colin McGregor wrote:
> > Just a little self promotion.
> >
> > The August issue of Tux Magazine is out, and there
> is
> > an article by me about KDETV (pages 21 - 24).

[snip]

> > Well, next up on my plate articles on "Doom 3 &
> Quake
> > 3" (almost done), "Procmail" and "Freespire".
>
> Shouldn't that now be Quake 4? The linux port is
> great. Wine and
> Halflife 2 would be good as well. What about
> tremulous? It's based on
> the q3 engine but is heavily modified. Totally free
> too :)

During the exchange of e-mails between myself and
editor Kevin Shockey, I was looking at what was
already on my shelf to write about. Yes, I likely
should have suggested Quake 4, but I noted Quake 3
because I already had a copy of that on hand. As is,
Doom 3 gets about 3/4 of the text in my current draft.
Nice thing about Quake 3 is that you can run that on a
Pentium II quite nicely, assuming you have a half
decent video card (Quake 3 and Doom 3 are both
somewhat fussy in that area).

As for the other games, I may suggest those for future
articles, as doing some justice to Quake 3 and Doom 3
in 2,000 words is a tight fit...

Colin McGregor