I think some email addresses were added to this list in error

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 28 21:21:55 UTC 2006

On 4/28/06, Carl E. Jones, CFP <carl-cLsPi2LxWGp0ubjbjo6WXg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I think some email addresses were added to this list in error.

I have to admit, I wouldn't normally respond to something like this,
but it does certainly seem an interesting (and potentially even
effective) way to populate a list....

> If you do not
> want to receive information about things related to magic and/or clowning,
> please hit reply and I'll be glad to take you off the list. If you get
> emails after you've asked to be removed it means one of several things:
>
> 1. I didn't get your request to remove you, so please send it again.
> 2. You have more than one address on the list that needs to be removed, so
> please let me know what other addresses you have. I'll be glad to remove
> them. I don't send, or like to get, spam.
> 3. Someone is forwarding my emails to you. I can't do anything about that.
> Sorry....
>
> I maintain a very strict "remove" policy. When asked to remove an address, I
> do - immediately.

That's nice, but to be perfectly honest, it looks alot like spam -
albiet very well-formed spam.  Were I not interested in humor, art,
and magic (perhaps of completely different form) then I'd have been
more than willing to add this address in my spam filters.

May still do so - how many addresses were "accidentally" added, and
more importantly...  how did you get them?

[I'm rather forthright about people's Rights (particularly online)
and, quite frankly, not afraid take anyone on.  Gimme a good reason to
stay on the list.  Alternatively, get ready - I'm undecided atm as to
how to recieve your message.]

> If you can't get an email through to me, just drop me a note at:
> PO Box 146
> Euless, Texas, USA 76039

Very bizzare.  Anyone other of these "new additions" recieving??

[PS - TLUG pls ignore - unless you know something I don't.  ;-) ]

Take care all.

--
Scott Elcomb
psema4.gotdns.com

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle,
stand like a rock."

  - Thomas Jefferson