OpenOffice / PDF question

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 24 19:12:06 UTC 2006

On Monday 24 April 2006 14:47, Madison Kelly wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I've seen PDFs (ie: from the government) that had editable fields.
> For example, where it asked for your name you could click on it and type
> in your name. Once you were done, you printed the PDF with your data (I
> don't think you could re-save the PDF with your data).
>
>    Has anyone done this in OpenOffice 2.0? Is it even possible? I've
> been googling and rtfm'ing to no avail. Thanks!!
>
> Madison

Supposedly this is built into OOWriter, so that exporting ( properly made )
forms made in OOWriter become PDF forms as well.

http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/0215WG-UsingFormsInWriter.pdf

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca
On-Site Computer Services - Available 24/7

Earn your service for FREE! Ask about our referral program.