Anyone with Roger's Lite accounts?

Mike Kallies mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 18 15:41:33 UTC 2006

> As for safer, well sure.  I must admit I haven't liked being zapped by
> either one.  Of course 120V can kill you too.

A British electrical engineer once told me that there are a
disproportionate number of deaths by 240 volt systems due to
electrocution.

He then added that there are a disproportionate number of deaths from
120 volt systems by fire.

His only conclusion was to learn from both systems and exceed the code
whenever practical.  E.g. GFICs everywhere you can put them, Arc fault
wherever you can put them, a couple gauges thicker wire than you'd
normally use, more spacious device boxes, greater separation of the
wiring, judicious use of nail guards, etc etc.

Of course he was an EE, not an Electrician.

-Mike