Anyone with Roger's Lite accounts?

Yanni Chiu yanni-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 17 05:02:41 UTC 2006

Jamon Camisso wrote:
> For that price I think you could subscribe to Wireless Nomad with the
> exact same 3M/800K speed. I've been considering them for a while now and
> would be interested to hear from people who use them (linuxcaffe, etc.).
> Does anyone know if a static IP is an option with them? What about more
> general information? Do they use custom firmware on the WRT-54GL? Can I
> use my own WRT-54GL?
>
> Their residential plan can be seen here:
> http://wirelessnomad.ca/services/wireless/residential

After 10 minutes reading their site and FAQ, I still could not
understand the service and how it works. Luckily I found a link
(on the site) to:

http://www.govtech.net/digitalcommunities/story.php?id=97229

"Wireless Nomad, using their own DSL service as backhaul, installs custom-built meshing Wi-Fi access points on the premises of each
of the co-op's members or subscribers. These provide each member with a wired DSL connection, an 802.11g wireless local area
network, and high speed wireless roaming throughout the areas in the city covered at no extra charge."

The rest of the article explains how the service works.

Very interesting. But I hesitate because I know something
always screws up when I change phone/internet (maybe it's
intentional, on the part of the telco/cable co's, so that
you don't make a habit of switching to better deals).