Anyone with Roger's Lite accounts?

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 17 02:39:00 UTC 2006

Fraser Campbell wrote:
> William Park wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking about trying Roger's internet Lite account (1M down, 128k
>> up, $31.95 month).  Partly, because I get 5% discount if I bundle 2
>> services (cable + internet, in my case).
>>
>> Anyone has horror stories to talk me out of it?
>
> I had Roger's lite a few years ago (probably 5 years actually), at that
> time it was 128K down.  I think I could have lived with 128K down if it
> were not for their also limiting the number of connections - if I recall
> correctly there was a total of 4 simultaneous connections allowed.  I
> would get TCP error messages even just browsing a webpage.
>
> If you can live with the 128k up then I'd say go for it, just double
> check if they limit you on number of tcp connections (it probably just
> applies to http).
>
> If you do have a land line you may wish to consider DSL.  I've been with
> teksavvy since the final istop fiasco.  3M/800K service is $29.95/month
> - I pay an extra $4/month on top of that for a static IP.

For that price I think you could subscribe to Wireless Nomad with the
exact same 3M/800K speed. I've been considering them for a while now and
would be interested to hear from people who use them (linuxcaffe, etc.).
Does anyone know if a static IP is an option with them? What about more
general information? Do they use custom firmware on the WRT-54GL? Can I
use my own WRT-54GL?

Their residential plan can be seen here:
http://wirelessnomad.ca/services/wireless/residential

Jamon