Anyone with Roger's Lite accounts?

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 17 01:57:01 UTC 2006

William Park wrote:

> I'm thinking about trying Roger's internet Lite account (1M down, 128k
> up, $31.95 month).  Partly, because I get 5% discount if I bundle 2
> services (cable + internet, in my case).
>
> Anyone has horror stories to talk me out of it?

I had Roger's lite a few years ago (probably 5 years actually), at that
time it was 128K down.  I think I could have lived with 128K down if it
were not for their also limiting the number of connections - if I recall
correctly there was a total of 4 simultaneous connections allowed.  I would
get TCP error messages even just browsing a webpage.

If you can live with the 128k up then I'd say go for it, just double check
if they limit you on number of tcp connections (it probably just applies to
http).

If you do have a land line you may wish to consider DSL.  I've been with
teksavvy since the final istop fiasco.  3M/800K service is $29.95/month - I
pay an extra $4/month on top of that for a static IP.