[OT] Old sendmail versions (8.6.0 in particular)

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 14 16:24:00 UTC 2006

Byron Sonne wrote:
>> ftp://ftp.cert.dfn.de/pub/tools/net/sendmail/past-releases/
>> There are patches, but can't find the tarball to which you apply them.
>
> And now you know my pain ;)

You can find the source for version 8.6.9 at
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/historic-linux/distributions/slackware/2.1/source/n/sendmail/

For some reason the sendmail.org site has no pointer to any version control
based repository of Sendmail otherwise you could have gotten it from there.

It didn't take long to find with Google (less than 15 minutes). I just
thought about how Linux distros have source code available for the packages
they use. I though of Slackware as the second version of Linux I ever used.
The last one I used was Slackware 96. After that it was easy.

You can use the 8.6 patches at sendmail.org to upgrade or downgrade the
8.6.9 to make whichever version of 8.6 you need.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/ |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus: