chording keyboards (wasLets all use the IRC channel for once)

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 13 18:29:51 UTC 2006

On 4/11/06, Scott Elcomb <psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I didn't though.  Instead, I learned just how much typing one can
> really do with only 4 fingers and a thumb.

I was exposed to typing courses and I immediately recognized how
capable I was with just using intuition and reflexes to type.  Like
all education back then, I could do everything better on my own rather
than face the stupidity of the education system.

I started out typing with my index fingers, and a thumb for the space
bar.  Then I used two fingers and that's about where I've evolved to.
I'll occasionally use my ring fingers when typing words which have
letters which are close to oneanother on the keyboard.  This lets me
thrum my fingers across the keyboard in wierd ways.

For the control-key I only ever use the left-hand key.  I use it one
of two ways.  I'll fold my pinky finger under my hand and use the
end-knuckle or I'll use the left-size of my palm near my pinky.

I fold my left thumb under my hand to use the left alt key.

I was clocked by an employment agency at 130 wpm while typing this
way.  I think that's a load of crap, but I still type quite fast and
with surprising accuracy.