Lets all use the IRC channel for once

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 11 19:59:59 UTC 2006

On 4/11/06, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> When you ask people to go to IRC, have you answered the question "why
> change"? Outside of social banter -- which hasn't really succeeded
> amongst the existing IRC participants -- what is the compelling reason
> to go to IRC, learn new software and protocols and aliases, etc?

For me, this is a key question.  It's also the reason I never learned
any IRC commands beyond '/me'

Instant Messaging (ala Jabber/MSN/etc) are (I suspect) simply
simplified versions of IRC, and are as easy to learn as cooking
hotdogs in the microwave.

I'll jump on #tlug or #clue every now and then if there's a need (or
just to say hi once in a while) but other than that, I just can't be
bothered to learn IRC.

(That'd be a challenge btw - jus' gimme a reason!  ;-)

--
Scott Elcomb
psema4.gotdns.com

"A revolution is coming - a revolution which will be
peaceful if we are wise enough; compassionate if we care
enough; successful if we are fortunate enough - but a
revolution which is coming whether we will it or not. We
can affect its character, we cannot alter its inevitability."

  - John F. Kennedy